Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Here We Go: Adventure (and a process video!)

Hi! It's Heather here again with a layout to share with you that I made with some of the awesome cut files from The Cut Shoppe! 

Oh- and I have something fun, too! I made a process video of me making this layout! Click HERE to see it! 

I explain all of the following during the video, but just in case you don't get to see it, I'll write out my process as well. 

First I took the "adventure" tag and blew it up really big to fit on a full 8.5x11 page (of course deleting the tag shape). Then I backed the diecut negative with come black card stock. To make the letters stand out, I used a white pen to messily trace inside the alphas. I was originally going to hand-stitch the letters, but I didn't have the patience for it. It takes soooo long to do! ;)

Find the Pack Your Bags Tags cutfile HERE.

Next I used a brayer and painted a turquoise background on my layout. Since the white paper is textured, the paint doesn't cover in a solid color. I used a white pen to outline the inside of the title alphas. Doesn't the white look so good on the black paper?!



I used these cutfiles to add a couple more diecut embellishments to this page.

Find the Pencil Me In cutfile HERE.



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy watching seeing my creative process for this layout in my video. I SO enjoyed making it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment