Thursday, September 24, 2015

You + Me = Us

It's officially my favorite time of the year, and I'm stopping in today to share a layout using one of my favorite new cut files with my most favorite Pink Paislee collection of all time!  Lots of favorites going on today!!  I used the new Fancy Feathers cut file on this layout, with the Cedar Lane collection from Pink Paislee.  This photo was taken a few days before the official start of Fall, but it was close enough for me!




https://www.etsy.com/listing/249153547/the-fancy-feathers-cut-file-includes-3?ref=shop_home_active_2

I started the layout by adding a few different colored patterned papers to the feathers that I flipped and cut on my Cameo.  Then I added some machine stitching to each of the feathers to add texture and interest.  I knew I wanted to layer my photo over the feathers, but I didn't want to completely cover them, so I clustered my embellishments around the photo.  

I created a Process Video to go along with the layout, if you would like to check out my complete process!


And don't forget to head over to The Cut Shoppe to check out all of the new cut files that are now available!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Supplies:  Fancy Feathers cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper & Embellishments:  Pink Paislee; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Thickers:  American Crafts; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo 

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

1 comment:

  1. SO LOVE this layout with those feathers! Gotta grab them :D Thanks for the inspiration and the video, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete