Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thankful For You

Often times the fall season gets a little rushed for me as we all head towards the big Christmas holiday, but this year I have managed to keep my excitement for fall scrapping strong. Yay! And this is totally great for me--I love the fall season and all of the fall themes and photos that it brings.

My layout today is an example of all that I love about fall--the colors, the falling leaves, and the sense of gratitude and thankfulness that is forefront in my mind during this time of year. Luckily, The Cut Shoppe has a great variety of cut files to help me tell my autumn stories.

For this particular story I once again turned to my favorite Leaf it to Me cut file and paired it with the new Thankful Tidings cut file:

The Leaf It to Me cut file consists of four leaf images, that can be used on your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

The Thankful Tidings cut file includes 8 thankful themed words, that can be used on your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.


I really love how the Thankful Tidings cut file contains a big variety of traditional fall phrases. There are a total of eight phrases that I could use together or on their own as I did here:


I built my layout around the "thankful" title: I wanted it to be pretty big and in a bold plum color, so I went ahead with a simple linear design to let the title shine. By layering the leaves in two spots I not only softend the lines, but I worked in some complimentary colors.

ThankfulforYou2

ThankfulforYou3

If your wondering about how I go about placing my leaf "piles," there really isn't any secret! My goal is simply to make them look like they do in real life. I place a group of leaves in the area I want them to go, make sure they are facing every which way, and then "rake" them into a pile. To adhere I simply hold them into place with one hand and dab a liquid glue underneath in a few spots. This keeps them from all laying flat and gives them added dimension. To add some extra hold, you could also stitch over them.

ThankfulforYou4

Don't forget we have a Black Friday Sale happening right now! You can save 50% off of your purchase in The Cut Shoppe! This is a great time to stock up on your favorite cut files!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Wishing you a great day!

The Cut Shoppe





No comments:

Post a Comment