Thursday, December 10, 2015

We Wish You a Merry Christmas

I don't know about you, but I usually come up with layout ideas, when I should be sleeping!  When I was thinking about which cut file set I wanted to use this week, inspiration struck when I settled on the poinsettia image in the new Bits & Baubles cut file set.  I decided to use it to create a textured background for my layout, and loved the end result.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/259898813/the-bits-baubles-cut-file-set-includes-8?ref=shop_home_active_7

https://www.etsy.com/listing/258531432/the-deck-the-halls-cut-file-includes-3?ref=shop_home_active_11

I started the layout by using the text tool in Silhouette Studio to spell out the word "Merry".  Then I sized it to fit across the center of the layout, and I created an outline of it using the Offset tool.  Once I had the offset sized to where I wanted it, I sent it to my Cameo to draw out with the Sketch pens.  Then I went back after it was finished and cut the original letters on different patterned papers from the Elle's Studio Good Cheer collection.  I used a paper piercer to punch holes along the drawn lines and then stitched around each letter with embroidery floss.  When I finished stitching, I adhered the patterned paper letters to the inside of each stitched letter.  While I was working on all of that, I set up my Cameo mat with the poinsettia shape from the Bits & Baubles cut file set, and let those cut.  After they were done, I randomly placed them on the White cardstock background paper to create the textured look.  I punched holes from Gold glitter paper and added a dot to each of the poinsettia shapes.  I kept my photo, title and embellishments clustered to allow a lot of the background to be seen.  I incorporated the Deck the Halls cut file into my title, by cutting the word "Christmas" from the first tree in the set.

This is a really fun technique to try on your layouts.  And you can grab the Bits & Baubles cut file set from The Cut Shoppe and try it out using the poinsettia shape.  While you're there, you can also check out the other new sets that are now available in the Shop!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

And don't forget to use the Discount Code MERRY31 at check out to save 31% off of your purchase!  You can use the code all month long, through December 31st!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

Supplies:  Bits & Baubles cut file & Deck the Halls cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Stickers, Wood Veneers, Letter Stickers & Cut Outs:  Elle's Studio; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Glitter Paper:  Recollections; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment