Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Photo Shoot

Hi, Laura with you today. If you hadn't heard, my husband and I got to go on a photo adventure tour in Costa Rica last month. It was so amazing and this was pretty much the scene everywhere we went. There were 10 of us on the tour (my mom and step dad lead them) and we were taken to the most incredible places to shoot really amazing things. In this photo (photo cred goes to Pat Lassarde) we were shooting a quetzal in a nearby tree. The guy looking off in the other direction is a guide and he is looking for more birds. They really are incredible birds.

I recently ordered a pen holder for my Silhouette and thought these whimsical cameras, from the Snap To It set, would make a fun background. I arranged the files on my design page, changed the cut function to sketch, placed my Micron pen in the holder, and sent to my machine. I then got out an assortment of distress inks, smooshed them onto my splat mat, and watercolored the cameras. I cut out one camera, slight larger than the rest, inked it up, and added a penned border so it would match the background cameras. The camera paper was pretty bright, so I through a piece of deli paper on top to mute it. The saying was perfect for my title and I decided to cut it in black and used black spray for my splatters, to add that graphic feel.


This is the bird we were shooting



Head over to the shop and pick up this file for all of your photo needs, it is so versatile!





No comments:

Post a Comment