Saturday, February 24, 2018

"Sunshine and Love" with Kira

Hello friends!  It's Kira and I am back with a 12x12 scrapbook layout using the new Folk Art cut file from The Cut Shoppe.


When I first saw the Folk Art cut file I was immediately drawn to the X's and plus sign row.  I am a sucker for plus signs.


I decided to place it in three rows on my projects and sized it to 11.5" wide.  I wanted to play with some watercolors on this layout, so I picked out my papers and a color scheme I thought would work well with my photo. 



Once I decided on yellow, aqua and blue for my colors, I did a light watercolor wash over the cut file while it was still on my cutting mat.  I added some splatters in the same colors over my paint strokes.  After letting it dry, I started to back my cut file.




I wanted lots of dimension on this page, so I backed my entire sheet of cardstock with fun foam.  Then instead of backing my cut file with paper, I adhered the patterned paper on another sheet of paper which I eventually adhered the foam covered paper to.



I love the look of color blocking on a scrapbook page.  So I pulled out all of my yellow, aqua and blue embellishments and started placing them on my page in the appropriate areas.  I even color blocked my title by choosing stickers in yellow and green.





I also added some pops of gold here and there around the page.  And I finished off the layout with some gold Heidi Swapp color shine.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Until next time,


1 comment: